Workshops & Consultancy
Gabrielle offers story and script consultancy to documentary, hybrid, fiction and video art projects. Some recent collaborations include;
- ‘Freedom Swimmer’ by Olivia Martin-McGuire (Oscar qualifying short film)
- Australian artist Eugenia Lim for her upcoming film projects
- ‘Progress’ by Florian Kunert (premiered at the Berlinale and winner of best film at Germany film awards)
- ‘All of Our Heartbeats Are Connected Through Exploding Stars’ by Jennifer Rainsford (Premiered at Vision du Reel)
Gabrielle has been a mentor in various mentoring programs including; Filmnetzwerk mentorship program Berlin (2023), ‘Connecting Stories’, Scottish Documentary Institute (2021, 2022, 2023) and at the Australian International Documentary conference (2019).
Gabrielle has been offering a range of different workshops to film makers including ideas around hybrid filmmaking (bringing real life into a narrative world/ bringing fictional visual language into reality). Working with non professional actors and integrating performance into documentary film making and exploring approaches to co authoring with film protagonists. Gabrielle also workshops approaches to treatment writing in documentary film as well as cinematic approach to sound and image.
Gabrielle has given workshops with the following institutions:
- IF/THEN shorts program/ Field of Vision (2022)
- Australian Film and Television school (2022)
- Australian National University (2019/ 2022)
- Scottish Documentary Institute (2021/ 2022)
- Slow Memory network of academics (2022)
- Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF (2020)
- ECU Perth (2019)
- RMIT (2019)
- Australian International Documentary Conference (2019)
- Fogo island film residency (2019)
- Camden Film festival, (2018)
Gabrielle is in a long standing collaboration with narrative therapy practitioner Poh Lin Lee. Gabrielle and Poh Lin have offered workshops exploring ideas around the cross section between film making and narrative therapy practices, exploring non extractive approaches to film making processes and community engagement as part of the film making approach.